RUNNING WITH CORA

Getting out for a run is good for the body, running with Cora is good for the soul.  I swear I burn more calories laughing and she burns more calories talking; its absolutely priceless and brightens my day every single time we go out together.  Like tonight.............

Cora: OOOOHHH Mommy I'm so fast, let's go fast. Hey, this is the way to my school. I won't trip. I tripped but I'm okay. These pants are dirty. I ate all my dinner you know.

Me: I know sweetie I was there.

Cora: We're fast hey Mommy?

Me:  We sure are

Cora: Do you remember that time we went for a run and Logan worked on my Lego house and added stuff, that was cool right Mommy? Ahhhh Watch out for roots! These sparkly shoes keep me safe because they stick to stuff. Oooh mud. Haha sticky, sticky mud. Oh I got some on my shoes. That's okay. Look a tree that a beaver cut down, hello beaver cut trees. Goodbye beaver trees. If we ran into a beaver I bet he'd invite us into his house. LOOK MOMMY, LOOK MOMMY, A BIG FLUFFY DOG. LOOK AT HIM MOMMY! HE'S SO FLUFFY!! CAN I PET YOUR DOG? Why'd that dog run away from me? I like the leaves, they're so....This is where the coyotes live, up there. I'm good at running up hills. You follow me. Hey that's a......I don't really like Barbie but I do like Barbie so......Can we go to the Ranche House? Can we go if I have to go pee?

Me:  Do you have to go pee?

Cora: No but maybe we could just see what the people are doing in there. Maybe they're doing stuff, like something, or you know. Hey remember when we were running that time and we ran into a moose? That was cool, I liked that moose. It was a nice moose and it was cool. It was up there. I don't see a moose. Hey a bridge. I told you we'd run over a bridge. AHHHHH  ANOTHER DOG, THIS ONE HAS A GIANT HEAD. CAN I PET YOUR DOG? Hey that dog ran away too. Do you think...OOOOOHHH THE SKY IS SO PRETTY, LOOK AT THE SKY MOMMY. The clouds kind of look like they sky is sucking them up, where are they going? Goodbye clouds, I'm waving at you. Ooops I fell in the bushes, but I'm okay.  Do you think Logan is in bed. We're fast hey Mommy?

Me: Yup, super fast Cora

Cora:  Let's go this way. HEY ANOTHER DOG, IT'S SO CUTE AND LITTLE AND CUTE AND FLUFFY, Hi little doggie, hi cute doggie, Can we take a break? I'm tired. Actually no, I'm not tired, let's go. I'M SO FAST, WE'RE RUNNING SO FAST. Actually no, let's take a break. Can we stop? Hey look at all the colours. But that tree isn't changing colours but it's sort of dead so.....LET'S RUN!  Ahhhh duck, branches, actually I don't have to duck, I'm small, you're big, you should duck. Did you duck Mommy?

Me: Yes Cora, I did, thanks for warning me.

Cora:  Good. Can you see our house from here? Is that our house?

Me: Nope it's around the corner

Cora: Oh, can we run to the man on the horse? Hey remember that time we were running and I fell a whole bunch, I didn't like that. That was not fun. This is fun though. I like running. I'm so fast. Abu is a nice cat. A with an accent B-O-O, is that how you spell.....Hey look a bird. The sky is so pretty. The clouds look different now don't they? I like my pony tail. Can we do a pony tail like this for school tomorrow? You know if Peyton had a pony tail IT WOULD BE SO LONG, LIKE SUPER LONG. I'll need to pick out a hair tie when we get home. Are we home yet?

Me: Not quite, just a bit further

Cora: Whew I'm tired. Can we stop now. No let's keep running. No let's stop. Okay let's run. My legs are getting sore.

Me: How about I give you a piggy back ride?

Cora: OH YES, YES, A PIGGY BACK RIDE, WOOOOHHHHHHOOOO. Can you carry me the whole way. HEY I CAN SEE OUR HOUSE! I wonder if we'll see a moose, or a beaver, or a beaver chewed log. I pick flowers sometimes. I picked these...hey there's no flowers. Oh yeah, it's not summer. Is it winter? Oh no wait, it's fall. Yay leaves. I like leaves. Do you remember when we came down to this park and I was like whooohhooooo leaves and Kobe kissed me cause he loves me. He's a nice dog, I love Kobe. I like our dogs, and our cats, our cats are so fluffy. Is that a river?

Me: No it's actually a creek, rivers are much bigger

Cora: Oh. I'm good at stairs you know, you should go faster up these stairs

Me: Well I would Cora but I'm carrying you.

Cora: Oh yeah. WOOHOOO, PIGGY BACK RIDE

Me: Okay, how about you run for yourself the rest of the way

Cora: Oh poop.  I want to read my owl story again tonight. Madamme Duvette said its library tomorrow and we're doing the Terry Fox run, I think, yeah, I think so. Madamme Duvette said our play house station is going to be SO DIFFERENT FOR HALLOWEEN. Like maybe it'll have candy in it!

Me: Or maybe it'll look like a haunted house

Cora:  Oh yeah right. 

Me: We're home

Cora: YAY!!! WE RAN SO FAR, WE'RE SO FAST. YAY US!


How could you not want to "run" to that? And this barely scratches the surface of our dialogue :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017......A YEAR FULL OF EVERYTHING

A SEA OF MOUNTAINS

NEED TO KNOWS